|Rome Aqueduct - Wikimedia Commons|
|Aqua Claudia by Pietro Sassi - Wikimedia Commons|
- continuous flushing out of their communal lavatories
- supplying water to their communal bathhouses
- for other domestic, trade and industry reasons
- for sluicing down their streets and sewers
- and for feeding the many fountains around the city.
|Aqua Claudia -Wikimedia Commons|
The longest unbroken stretch of an ancient above-ground aqueduct near Rome is the Aqua Claudia.
I'm off now to do a bit more of my FutureLearn Rome course and some very neglected writing.