Tuesday 1 November 2016

#99c Today only!

Tuesday greetings to you!

It's the first of November already and I'm all set up to do a lot of book promotions this month.

November is a great month to do my 'over the counter' selling at Craft Fairs and Christmas Markets, my novels making great little stocking fillers that last for a lot longer (to read that is) than drinking a special cup of coffee, or eating a Christmas pie.

But..apart from my regular slots at my FOCUS Craft Fairs, I'm heading to Thainstone Market (Inverurie) for their Christmas Fayre on the 4th and 5th Nov. That's a fairly busy event, usually with upwards of a hundred crafters/stallholders.

The following weekend I'm heading for the Treetops Hotel in Aberdeen for the AWA Gift and Craft Fair on the 12th Nov. In the past, the Association of American Women of Aberdeen's Fair has been one of the bigger indoor pre-Christmas markets in Aberdeen, Scotland. I've not been as a stallholder before but I have been as a shopper and it's generally very busy. Being a one-day-a-year only market it's been well attended with upwards of 100 stalls offering a huge variety of items. This year I may find it different, though, as it's possible that some of the usual stallholders may have been affected by the oil crisis in Aberdeen and in fact may have been relocated elsewhere in the world. Look out for updates on that in  couple of weeks.

November is also the month that I need to do better at promoting my books across the internet. That is something that I find a lot more difficult. You'd maybe think that selling ebooks is easier than face-to-face paperback book sales but it's not. Amazon alone has upward of 5 MILLION books available so the competition is truly fierce! But because it's difficult is no reason not to keep trying!

Stocking up your kindle/ereader for the holidays can take some time and deliberation or it can be done in a hurried flurry at bargain times. Today, 1st November 2016, is one of those bargain TODAY ONLY deals as I embark on my first attempt at using a site called BargainBooksy
  • I'm writing this at 10 a.m. GMT and The Taexali Game is well down the harts on Amazon. I'm hoping that by this time tomorrow, Wed, it'll be looking a lot healthier and will have zoomed up the charts. Right now on Amazon.com it's at #855 on the Time Travel chart and #1746913 on the kindle Paid.
  • Right now at 10 a.m. GMT on amazon.co.uk it's #183 on Time travel and #287, 836
I'll try to check back later, around noon and give you updates but for now it's garden jobs with my grandson.

SlĂ inthe! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)