Wednesday 6 April 2016

5 extra minutes for - Review time!

It's Wednesday again and time for me to do short reviews of books that I read last week. 

I know just how important it is for the author's sales ranking if readers pop even just a few words on Amazon or Goodreads. I'd love some 3, 4 or 5 star reviews of my work but it's really hard to encourage people to spend a few more minutes after reading my books to help me in this way. Often when I'm penning a few thoughts on the books I've read, I want to be writing my own new work but it's really not that much of an effort to spend a few minutes to appreciate the pleasure (and sometimes the opposite) that someone has given me from their writing.

My first book to give thoughts on today is Sticks and Stones by Susie Tate. I got her first book from Amazon fairly recently, enjoyed it, and then spent £1.99 buying the second in the trilogy.

This is another fun novel. If you’re in the mood for some lighthearted romance then you’ll enjoy the tale of Dylan and Lou. I got more out of the story having read the first of the trilogy before this one and would recommend reading in that order but it can also be treated as a stand alone novel. There are some very funny parts, great phrasing and not just in Welsh (which is hilarious and makes me want to learn the language as much as I want to learn the other forms of Gaelic). However, there are poignant moments, too. Gregariousness often hides a sensitive soul and that’s what Lou is for much of the novel. Dylan is a rogue but very loveable. As with Book 1, I'd not want to be near them as a patient, oh no!- but their escapades as doctors and consultants are funny.

It was easy to give this 5 stars.



I'll be adding another quick review soon - when I can catch a few moments - today being a grandkid minding day!

Slainthe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)