Sunday 15 February 2015

Glasgow...my city!

Happy Sunday 14th everyone!

I'm off soon to visit my daughter number 2, a late birthday hello, but I've just spent a good whilie looking for information on the internet about the city of my birth  - Glasgow.

You'd think I'd know all about it since I lived there for 22 years? Well, no. that's not how it goes. I might remember a little from the 1950s through the 1970s but for reasonable reasons I don't know enough about Victorian Glasgow- The Second City of the Empire.


I loved teaching about Victorians to my primary 7 classes, but those topics didn't focus on any particular city or its enterprises.

Why should I be so interested now? That will be divulged in a while but what I can tell you is that I've two reasons for researching Victorian Glasgow.

The first is my Family Saga which starts in 1850. Part of it will be in Glasgow of a couple of decades later.
The second reason is that Book 2 of my Rubidium Time Travels for a YA audience is going to be set in the dramatic backdrop of Victorian Glasgow!

I can't wait to get on with my writing but...only after a little visit this afternoon.

Have a good Day.
Slainthe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. Please pop your thoughts about this post in the comment box. :-)